Cloud gaming has been on the scene for several years now. Consumers have enjoyed the on-demand gaming services and the flexibility that comes along. Before we get any further, let us first look at how cloud gaming works.
To put it in simple terms, cloud gaming, just like your desktop, depends on data storage. This means that there has to be communication between the players and servers. Under normal circumstances, the data required to process the games are on your desktop upon installation.
However, here, the required data is stored in the game producers’ cloud gaming hardware. So you need the internet to play and stream the video and graphics required for the game.
This technology ensures that you don’t depend on any other third parties to play the game. Some games at popular online casinos can now be streamed live for the players. That said, browse your favorite free online casino games, and you could be in luck to play and win against your opponents!
Now that we have explained that concept, let’s look at the benefits and the disadvantages of cloud gaming.
Cloud Gaming Platforms
If you’re into online multiplayer games, there are tons of cloud gaming websites at your disposal. Compared to how things were a couple of years ago, cloud gaming platforms now have a great audience. At first, people considered it a sham because it was beyond anyone’s wildest dreams. Today we have technologies such as Shadow and Geforce Now, which offer a 4k gaming experience. Also, Vortex, among others. All these are affordable, which makes it even more accessible to the everyday gamer.
Benefits of Cloud Gaming
Many gaming experts and industry leaders have already done some cloud gaming reviews. All the necessary information, from ratings and performances, are out there. Some advantages that critics have highlighted include:
- Cloud gaming is pocket friendly. You do not need an expensive budget for buying hardware, upgrading your computer or console to meet the game standards. Instead, you only have to use the hardware at hand. You are only required to have a controller, and a streaming box, which you can purchase fairly.
- Cloud Enhances Player experience – you can play instantly without having to undergo headaches downloading games that require large spaces like GTA 5 ( requires 60GB), etc. In fact, you choose whichever game you want. Think of the best 3D slot games such as Tarzan or popular battle royale franchises such as Fortnite.
- Cloud Needs no Maintenance – you only take care of your appliances. It’s like taking care of your phone. Sounds easy! You have no business maintaining the cloud.
- You can play using any computer at your disposal – you are not limited to a specific computer. The platforms have also given room for cloud gaming for android.
Disadvantages of Cloud Gaming
The central issue of conflict when looking at cloud gaming vs. PC gaming is an internet connection. Suppose you do not have a good internet connection; you will experience cloud gaming lag. Lagging is a letdown when you are deep into the experience. These are the other key disadvantages:
- Not everybody can have access to the internet at an affordable fee – It means that if you can’t connect, you cannot play: since you do not have any other option,
- You have to subscribe to play. Charges apply for you to enjoy these services. While it is fair for the companies that make the games, it could be an issue to pay for the internet and the service simultaneously. That could be a lot for some players.
Cloud Gaming vs. PC
When comparing the benefits with the disadvantages, the users decide what works for them and what doesn’t. If you are ready and well-equipped to transition to the virtual world, cloud gaming is right for you. If, on the other hand, you have issues with an internet connection or do not have plans to pay the subscription fee, you could still rock the PC world!
Wrapping it up
Choosing which technology to go with depends on the factors discussed above. Internet accessibility and charges are the key determinants. If you can manage that, then cloud gaming has the day since the advantages are way more than the disadvantages. Feel free to share your thoughts on this topic in the comments.