Property owners have the responsibility of ensuring the tenants and visitors are secured. However, there are some slips and fall accidents that are currently rampant. This injury is prevalent in personal injury claims in the US.
Currently, the number of slip and fall accidents has skyrocketed compared to the previous decades, with quite a number suffering from severe life-threatening accidents and even death. Whether in potholes, building sites, stairwells, or parking lots, the accidents change the victim’s life significantly.
Famous Slip and Fall Accidents
The current report shows that most falls and slips cause severe injuries such as head trauma and broken bones. Filing a slip and fall lawsuit in Houston is quite daunting unless you engage experienced lawyers. They first assess the type of slip and fall injury and decide whether you are fit for compensation or not. These injuries include;
- Slippery surfaces: If any liquid or harsh weather makes the condition unsafe, causing accidents, the property owner is held accountable if they knew the danger but failed to put a warning sign.
- Parking ramp falls: Uneven floors are likely to result in parking ramp accidents, especially for broken asphalt and slick pavement. The building owner is responsible for offering safe premises to minimize injuries.
- Poorly lit stairs: Some injuries result from poor lighting along the stairs in commercial properties and parking lots. Property owners are responsible for fixing proper lighting for the safety of the tenants and other visitors. Filing a slip and fall lawsuit in Houston will help you receive all the damages and compensations.
- Obstructions on walkways: Obstructions from aisles and walkways should be eliminated by the owners of the buildings for safety purposes.
- Missing handrails: If there are falls from higher levels, there is a likelihood that a catastrophic accident will occur. Most of these slip and fall injuries result from missing guardrails even if the government sets the requirements.
How to Determine Slip and Fall Case Liability
The property owners maintain property safety, and failure to do so results in a defective status. If the defective condition results, then they become accountable for the damages from the slip and fall injuries. Filing a slip and fall lawsuit in Houston and engaging in a qualified personal injury helps to determine liability in a slip and fall case. In most instances, a personal injury lawyer will do an assessment and interview all the witnesses.
Statute of Limitations and Compensation of Slip and Fall Case
Slip and fall lawyers know the statute of limitations linked with personal injury in the US. Filing a slip and fall lawsuit in Houston means one must report the case immediately after the accident. The lawyers are responsible for assessing the case and determining the negligent party based on past complaints.
The amount of compensation and damages depends on how the injuries are severe and the situation of the accident. Consultation from a qualified slip and fall lawyer will help you determine the number of reimbursements in your case.
Now that you have understood why filing a slip and fall lawsuit in Houston is essential, it’s time you claim your compensation and damages. With this guide, one stays well-informed on the extent of slip and fall injuries.